pros and cons of living in benicia, ca

Like wills, living trusts (formally known as revocable trusts) list the people who will receive your property after you die, leaving you free to manage it while you're alive. We are from a small city in south florida. 24+ Pros And Cons Of Living In California (You Must Know) Characterized by the quintessential beaches, surging tides, the iconic Hollywood, palms trees, the Golden Gate Bridge, and so many more California is undoubtedly one of the most recognizable states in the United States of America. Official Website of the City of Benicia, California. I have 2 young sons and we absolutely love it here! We considered buying in Benicia around this time last year. The median sale price is $407,500, which is lower than neighboring state of California. Here are some of the more popular things to do in Redding: Sundial Bridge, Turtle Bay Exploration Park, and Sacramento River Trail. Both times we were military and received housing allowance. Many young professionals live in Benicia and residents tend to have moderate political views. Yes, Florida is much cheaper than California because the cost of living is just 1% higher than the national average. This city and its surrounding suburbs are a great place to live, and with the help of Landing, your move can be stress-free and on your terms. Rental rates. People don't care about each other. California is a pay to play state, theres no way around it. but not great in my opinion restaurants, and there are only local stores such as Raley's or Safeway. Select any title to view the full question and replies. Though it is a suburb of Vallejo, it is significantly different. In some areas the traffic isnt bad especially if you dont live in a big city. Although technically anyone can live anywhere and find a reasonable level of acceptance, youll want to research the different neighborhoods in San Francisco to see where your comfort zone is going to be. We have a cute little downtown with a great library and community pool, awesome parks and playgrounds, good schools, a great Farmers market every Thursday on the main drag, a neat artist community, and wonderful people in general. Every neighborhood has a couple of dog parks that offer an expansive area for leash-free running. There's even a bounce house for the kids! It all sounds like fun to move but when youre actually far from your old surrondings and family then it can be pretty frightening at the least. Did you ever live in any other state for any amount of time? Having said that, in the state of California, there are many desirable places to live, so choose wisely! Hi there. Apparently, there hasn't been a day below freezing since 1985. Commute from Benicia to SF is a two-bridge commute. Prices differ largely based on where in town accommodation is located, if all the bills are included (wifi, electricity, water, etc. I travel often for work, so access to airports is a strong consideration when moving to a new city. Im 25 now and I guess I can say that its not the easiest for me to make new connections. Can you give me some advice? The Inland Empire has an economy larger than the entire state of Kansas or the country of Hungary. The hills can wear out your legs if youre not used to them, but taking advantage of the weather and the natural beauty of the community makes for a wonderful experience. We are looking in Novato, Petaluma, Santa Rosa or Fairfield/Vacaville, Concord areas. I need to move out of here. Find a loan that's right for you. Pleasant weather Abundant recreational options Easy access to fresh & healthy foods High quality of life Ample economic opportunity High cost of living Heavy tax burden Questionable governance And these are just prices for flights! 9. Even having a sourdough bread bowl filled with chowder while enjoying a view of Alcatraz makes for a memorable day. Im looking for input on areas that have nice high schools(safe). The economy across the entire Bay Area is on fire right now. . Over the past 10 years, theres been a unified anti-California resentment in other states where residents blame Californians single-handedly for the rise in home prices across the country. Not each of them applies to every state. Benicia is in Solano County. Prices were lower there, but she believes theair quality from the refinery has affected their health and that of others she knows in the community. - CON: Expensive non-essentials California would have the fifth-largest economy in the world if the state were an independent nation. Im terrified. A waterfront City of 28,000, Benicia is known for its small-town charm, history, and high quality of life. Even if you cook every meal at home, youll need to budget at least $420 per person, which is over $100 more than the national average. If you do, we have the highest gas prices in the nation, along with the high insurance costs that are required by law (as it should be) or you cant register your vehicle. We were looking for a family friendly community with good schools in the area and we stumbled upon Benicia. 5. Benicia seems to have a condensed downtown with a nice mix of businesses, Pinole is closer to the city and looks to have its downtown more spread out, but also a very cultural, thriving community. Select any tags that apply to this area. Are you thinking about moving to California? This will be a big change for us. What Are The Pros And Cons Of Living In Davis, CA? 8. we love it here! Our initial concern about this town is that there is a refinery , but it hasn't bothered us at all since we've been here (about 6 months). Immigrationgeez. The best areas in Redding and in surrounding cities are easier to find when you are able to make informed decisions. Just an FYI that Amtrak runs from Martinez to Jack London Sq in Oakland - so that might be another option. Therfore just to visit weekend ok but not to live in Cali. It has such a strong community feeling, between the residents, police and fire teams, business owners, etc. And seeing as Canadians are enjoying increased income, they'll have more to spend at your new business - easily making this one of the best pros and cons of living in Canada. Well I live in Placerville California and Ive lived in Yosemite and weed and a lot of different places and let me tell you that not all parts of the state have mild Winters or constant sunshine or High cost of living or poor performing public schools. My 'husband' and I want to move to either Benicia or Pinole. Some of the top places you can visit by hopping into your car include Napa and Sonoma, Yosemite, Muir Woods, Lassen National Park, Reno and Tahoe, or Apple Hill. Long days, regardless of mode of travel. It really shows when you are out around town. At present, California is the worst state in the country for fire dangers. 3. In total, more than 72% of the population is classified as married and 67% have kids. Although its gotten more expensive (like everywhere else) this last year, its still affordable compared to other nice parts of the Bay Area. I recall a particularly bad stretch where residents were asked to save shower water to water plants. Pinole Valley is safe, family-friendly, and diverse. My biggest concern is the social aspect. All she said is true. The employment boom thanks to Silicon Valley and the other high-tech industries in the area makes it one of the most robust economies in the country right now. Youll notice that there is a different flow to the traffic as well. Does anyone have any negative or positive experiences with the above, especially the refinery. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. Select a livability score between 1-100, 2. It doesn't feel very diverse and it doesn't really feel like it's part of the Bay Area proper. Benicia's schools are arguably better. Private studio with shared pool - 8,000,000 - 12,000,000 IDR. So youre moving to California with the intention of buying a home? Pros and Cons of Living in California Looking for a light filled home close to hiking/walking trails. P.S. Traffic and homeless is not something to fun to see they are in need of help but no one can. Explore the dramatic desert in the Mojave, the granite cliffs of Yosemite National Park, the towering trees in Redwood National Park or the rolling hills of Napa Valley and youll see what all the fuss is about. highest homeless populations in the country, most expensive cities in America for home buyers, 7 EPIC Places to Visit in Death Valley (With 4-Wheel Drive), 20 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in Tucson (Locals Advice), 15 HONEST Pros & Cons of Living in Los Angeles, California. Then spend time in the bay area on weekends. Pros and cons Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster The schools are well-rated. 6. Pros of Living in Australia One of the many benefits of living in Australia is its healthcare. We lived there for 10 years and I actually miss it tremendously. Many employers offer free shuttles and other transportation services. 14 Pros and Cons of Living in Europe You Need to Know Personally, I would not want to live in so isolated a place as Benicia, but I know plenty of people who love it. By the 1870s, the first cable cars began to operate, providing a public transportation option for a city that reached a population of 150,000 people. JOJ, We live in Benicia and really like it. - The Weather Northern California is home to a lot of wonderful weather. Low crime. In addition to being a great spot in the state of Georgia, it is also a great spot in the United States. 9. I agree with some of your assessments. Living in the city: Pros and cons - Common About half of the buses also require that you step down into the steps to get the back door to open. Then, if your bus is going through Chinatown, expect a lengthy delay. The landscape is as diverse as it gets and changes drastically from north to south. I mean, its no coincidence that California has more national parks than any other state and draws millions of visitors annually. As a budget traveler and travel blogger, this is definitely the number one plus for living in Europe. Carrie. Benicia is by far more attractive with a larger historic district downtown and more view corridors of the bay. As for life in California? The taxes should be taken into strong consideration while researching if moving to California is right for you because they will greatly reduce your overall take home pay. And almost anywhere in the city, you can see the water. San Diego: The average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment clocks in at a steep $2,400 and the median home price is currently $765,000 (and rising annually). Most of the people we know here in Pinolego into the city or Oakland/Berkeley pretty regularly, whereas most of the people we know in Benicia don't really seem to like to cross the bridge. A cost of living index above 100 means Benicia, California is more expensive. MUNI is the public transportation system in San Francisco where you can hop onto a bus to get around the city. 2. Then you have the 7.25% state sales tax, which becomes 8.5% in San Francisco. The downtown main street is popular with visitors and residents walking their dogs. If so, youll be joining many other Californians in the most populous state in the country. There are many additional borrowing options available. If I need Berkeley or SF fix, we just drive down and can be on the Bay Bridge in 20mins with no traffic. Fourth of July is one such day. Benicia City Hall, 250 East L Street Benicia, CA 94510 Phone: (707) 746-4200 Feel free to email me! I want to live where the boys can have a little freedom with stuff to do but not in a big city. If you are checking out out the area, don't skip Glen Cove, which is next to Benicia. BART to downtown Oakland. Youll discover that not only is it one of the best sports-related metro areas in the country, but San Francisco offers several cultural options as well. I really feel like Pinole is one of the "best kept secrets" here in the Bay, and my husband and I joke that it must have a cloaking device on it or something. Fairfield is probably 20 minutes away and Vacaville is about 30 minutes away. We just moved there from Oakland in February and absolutely love it! Some costumes in the city are elaborate. California has the largest network of public schools of any US state, but you know what else? Costumes are a way of life in San Francisco. If you do get the urge to take a day trip, then you can head over to Yosemite, enjoy the sunshine on the peninsula, or take the four-hour drive (with good traffic) to Lake Tahoe for world-class skiing. 20 Pros And Cons Of Living In Vancouver, BC Canada - Nina Out and About Parking is a significant problem as well. California is often considered the most beautiful state in the country and its not hard to see why. Hear what they say to your face then listen closely what they say behind your back. The Pros And Cons Of Living In Each State. A commute of around 45 min from Valejo is ok. Also can you reccomend any good rental agents? This goes hand-in-hand with the relaxed vibe. If you choose the back part of Pinole Valley, you get to send your daughter to Ellerhorst, which is a very good school. Benicia is a moderately-sized city located in the state of California. In Benicia there are a lot of parks. That means you can use the money that youd spend on your car payment, automotive insurance, and fuel to ease the burden of your rental costs in the city. All three of Californias major cities rank as being some of the most diverse in America. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. JOJ, Re: affordable housing thank you Hmm. Additionally, Barcelona enjoys a bit more than 2500 hours of sunshine a year - about average for the south of Europe. We actaully have a daughter who goes to a school in North Berkeley so I drive down everyday. That means it has more influence than the United Kingdom, which has 26 million more people contributing to the GDP. Benicia offers an abundance of leisure and recreational activities. Monica, My family is hoping to buy a home soon. Yeah Im somewhere in a similar predicament. From the amazing landscapes to the diversity, to the warmth of the people and the low cost of living. Let me know if you have any questions or comments below, its always a pleasure to hear from you! If people are looking for a place to go that has a lot to do, Benicia is not the place to go. According to the most recent Census, 72% of Benicia residents are White, 12% Asian and 6% Black. The cost of living in California is 49.9% above the national average, which means you have to earn significantly higher here. Wow, the houses dont even look like they should be worth that much. If your teens are at all interested in sports, Benicia would be a great place for them! Living in Benicia offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. You may want to check it out. Well done, well said and bravo for being honest. My aunt lives in Sacramento and I refuse to visit her in summer because I just cant deal with the oppressing heat. She's lived in Benicia for over 30 years, I think, so she is really knowledgeable about the area, and she never, ever pressured us. But it could be different on some days; I'm not sure. The town puts on wonderful holiday celebrations and the entire town comes out to celebrate. Living in Redding, CA Redding, California is a moderately-sized city with a population of 91,320 inhabitants. Gas is also usually $1-$2 more a gallon than most other states. Based on violent and property crime rates. We currently live in LA and are pre-retirement. Benicia City Hall, 250 East L Street Benicia, CA 94510 Phone: (707) 746-4200, Open: Monday - Thursday from: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and alternating Fridays, Finance Department Open: Monday Thursday from: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and alternating Fridays, Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Program, Objective Standards for Mixed Use and Multifamily Housing, Public Information Bank - Hazardous Materials. If you are moving to the area with your family, then Noe Valley tends to be the place where you end up. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of . I never felt the need to join a mom's club, or something, 'cause I met so many people just by walking downtown, going to the parks or doing my groceries. It's a fantastic place to raise your kids! My goal is to be part of a pretty active community in a walkable charming old seaport town. Another vote for the Amtrak Capitol from Martinez to Oakland. Good Stuff. I appreciate any info/input you have. Those are awful places to live with skewed statistics on crime and things because it isnt a total picture of this great state. There may be a few flaws to living in Davis. I can highly recommend Pinole. A Travel Website About Portland and Oregon. Kathy, Re: considering a move to Sacramento It continues to be one of the worst and deadliest earthquakes in U.S. history. Enter California, a state that averages 260+ days of sunshine per year. Even if you want a studio apartment, you're going to be paying more than $2,000 per month to live in the city. (Doesnt seem like it to me, but Im open to learning). Most points in downtown Martinez are (for those without mobility limitations) within walking distance of the Amtrak station. Our budget is around $2200 a month. There are clearly many advantages of living in the city. Vallejo has a bad rap about crime; Benicia has a large oil refinery in town, with the environmental concerns that entails; you'd want to research each of those issues extensively, as well as your school options, before committing. If youre planning on relocating and making this area your permanent home, its nice to know that there is an ample amount of amenities and things to do within walking distance or a short drive. A second silver rush in 1859 helped to keep the city active, and then the transcontinental railroad provided a direct connection with the rest of the country. We lived in Benicia for 10 yrs and we made the big mistake of moving away from it. 6. I think you are priced out of El Cerrito if you want to keep it under $700k, but should be able to get something nice in Pinole ifyou move quickly when you see a house you like. 1. Pinole has a Peet's, In n Out, and a Trader Joe's. The country supports a universal system, and expats can expect to receive high-quality care while living here. Ive never done anything like this before. It really is a beautiful hidden gem in the Bay Area and I feel lucky to live here! 2c. Regardless, I hope you find it helpful. Whether youre moving to a new town to be closer to family, friends or for a new job, living in Benicia could be a positive experience compared to other cities in California if you know where to look. Pros and Cons of living in Benicia, California Compared to the United States average, Benicia ranks among some of the best places to live in the country! Windemere has all the desired conveniences-including shopping, dining, freeways and BART. Any information would be greatly appreciated! The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. 19 Pros and Cons of Living in San Antonio, Texas, 17 Pros and Cons of Living in Sarasota, Florida, 18 Major Advantages and Disadvantages of the Payback Period, 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Leasing a Car, 19 Advantages and Disadvantages of Debt Financing, 24 Key Advantages and Disadvantages of a C Corporation, 16 Biggest Advantages and Disadvantages of Mediation, 18 Advantages and Disadvantages of a Gated Community, 17 Big Advantages and Disadvantages of Focus Groups, 17 Key Advantages and Disadvantages of Corporate Bonds, 19 Major Advantages and Disadvantages of Annuities, 17 Biggest Advantages and Disadvantages of Advertising. California is not the place you want to come to without knowing anybody. 10 Pros And Cons Of Living In California To get us rolling. In regards to smells or whatever from the oil refinery, we were probably there about a half dozen times for several hours each time, and we never smelled anything. Another really fun event is the Tree Lighting Ceremony. Ill be the first to admit I dont know what the right solution for homelessness is, but I want to be transparent about it for anyone considering moving to California because you will notice it on a daily basis. In just two years, the population reached 25,000 people. The City of Benicia is a Bay Area City located adjacent to the Carquinez Strait, which is part of San Francisco Bay. Living In Benicia, CA - AreaVibes The best ride of all is the ferry from Mare Island Channel but it only goes to Alameda and by way of SF. Living In. The downtown area is pretty flat, so it is perfect for strolling around or bicycling. You can find work with Netflix, Google, Facebook, Apple, Tesla, and others if you have the correct skill set. You'll have access to amenities like an extensive trail system . Yet another perk of living in California is seldom feeling rushed. You have to drive to Concord or Fairfield for a Trader Joes, and the closest Whole Foods is in Napa or Walnut Creek. We are looking for any feedback, both positive and/or negative, in regards to the community, schools, neighborhoods, and refinery. However, it is very much an island mentality, insular/small community, and you have to cross a bridge at $5/pop to get to the Bay Area. San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living . If helpful, below is a chart that show the effective California state income tax depending on your income bracket. In fact, most of my friends and neighbors in LA were part-time actors who spent most of their free time looking for gigs. When youre used to the hotter, dryer climates in the southern part of the state, then living in this city can feel downright chilly. There is no doubt that living in San Francisco is expense. From the striking sunny coastline of Southern California to the towering cliffs of Big Sur, youll be privy to every natural wonder in between. The hipsters tend to stay in the Mission district, and then youll find the blue collar folks down by the Marina. This makes me sad as a returning native of 6 years. For comparison purposes, the average price in the United States for the same space is about $1,175 per month. On a less positive note, Benicia does not have favorable scores for the following: cost of living (F) and housing (D). Did Californias policies drastically change in the last 10 years? Median real estate prices in Redding come in at $232,000, which is 43.3% lower than the California average. Disadvantages of a Living Trust Funding a Trust Is Expensive . Theres so much of the state that is not La San Francisco San Diego. However, there can be some health disadvantages. Get approval in minutes. Its hard to enjoy everything the state has to offer if you arent bringing in a considerable annual income. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions. My friend who lives in Benicia says she would not make that decision again. The cost of living in Nevada is also lower than in many other states. 10 Pros and Cons of Living in Nevada - Redfin However, a high crime rate, high cost for shelter, and lagging economy might be a problem. The median home price for Benicia homes is $475,500, which is 16.2% higher than the California average. ), and of course the accommodation itself. I spent some time there when we lived in the East Bay because there's a Chuck E. Cheese there that my kids liked, plus there was a Catholic shop downtown that I frequented on occasion. At the beginning of 2021, the median home price was around $382,000. Redding has a high percentage of people who are married with children when compared to the rest of the country. You can embrace your creativity when living in San Francisco. JL. Thats when the name of the city changed for the full-time population of about 800 people. I did a year-long stint in New York City and the harsh winter made leaving an easy choice. 1. Also occasionally you can smell the refinery - some people are bothered by this, some are not. 19 Pros and Cons of Living in San Francisco, California You are a short drive from some of the best places in California. When you move to California, one thing will become clear very quickly California is proof that climate change is real. Needless to say, the houses cost a lot less in Roseville! Re: Moving to a cheaper area now that kids are gone The best areas in Benicia and in surrounding cities are easier to find when you are able to make informed decisions. It's 20 plus minutes to the Bay Bridge and 10 mins or so to Walnut Creek so it's not a bad commute and there is a ferry service into the city. Benicia is a small town on the carquinez strait bordering Vallejo. Hi! We really like the look of homes in downtown Martinez and our commute to Richmond on the 4. The state has a fairly relaxed vibe to it, people seem to move at a slower pace. If we take a closer look at each of the categories individually, we see that Redding ranks well for amenities (A+) and weather (B). Youve really saved me Was planning on moving to California to work and study without help from no one But from tonehe look of things I think I wont be able to. There are lots of job opportunities available in San Francisco. It is very much a small town. Manage Settings 8. 12 Pros And Cons Of Living In California: Must-Read Before Moving To CA People tend to drive faster and with more aggression, so youll need to turn up your defensive driving skills a notch. We arevery attached to living within the Bay Area, hence we would love to get your recommendation. Benicia is one of the the best places to raise a family in the Bay Area right now. Also, yoga culture is huge in San Diego. Benicia has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America.

Flaunt Magazine Editor, Hansel Emmanuel Espn Rank, How To Get To Kassam Stadium Vaccination Centre, Articles P