police swivel holster

The closure springs were routed through the leather on each side of the trigger guard to ensure that the leather sides would close firmly over the trigger guard area, and not allow access to the trigger while the gun was still in the holster. Super fast. As such, they shared the faults of all swivels. They were truly an innovation for carrying a 6 barrel revolver, which gave officers an inherently more accurate sighting radius. Police Holsters Glad you enjoyed it. I liked mine quite a bit and still have it. I appreciate any response and or help!! In 1985, the SWAT magazine holster test found a non-swivel version to be an excellent police holster. Prescott, AZ. Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, Swivel Holster fits 4-inch Revolvers including Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Colt, Swivel Holster with cartridge loops fits 4-inch revolvers, Vintage Holster German Police Swivel Pivot Walther P5/P9 Black Leather RH, Tex Shoemaker Retention Basketweave Police Duty Swivel Holster for Glock 23C, Alfonsos Black Plain Leather Police Swivel Holster For S&W K Frame Walking Dead, Vintage GF Cake Black Basket Swivel Duty Police Holster For S&W M&P Revolver 6", Tex Shoemaker Basketweave Swivel Revolver 4 Holster For Python Walking Dead Type, Alfonsos Basketweave Swivel Holster for S&W K Frame Revolver 6" Walking Dead, Vtg Rawhide "Jay-Pee" Made - NJ State Trooper/Police Belt w/Swivel Holster, Tex Shoemaker 37 PPC Leather Swivel Competition Holster For S&W Colt Revolver, Alfonsos Basketweave Suede Leather Lined Duty Swivel Holster For S&W K Frame 6, Alfonso's Black Leather Lined Police Duty Swivel Holster For K Frame Revolver 6", Vintage Alfonsos Black Leather Police Duty Swivel Holster For S&W 659 Auto 59, For iPhone 11,XS MAX,XR,XS,8,7 Hybrid Tri Shield CLIP Case THIN BLUE LINE USA, Vintage Black Leather Police Holster Swivel Mount stamped H S, Alfonso's Black Basketweave Police Swivel Holster For Sig Sauer P220 Left 220, Alfonso's Black Plain Leather Police Swivel Holster For S&W K Frame Walking Dead, Black Clarino Gloss Leather Swivel Holster For S&W K Frame Revolver w Slide LEFT, Vintage JAY-PEE Police Swivel Holster Smith & Wesson MP 10 11 12 13 64 65, Tex Shoemaker Black Basketweave Leather Swivel Flap Holster For S&W N Revolver 4, Swivel Holster fits 4-inch Revolvers including Smith & Wesson and Colt, GERMAN POLICE MILITARY POLIEZEI SIG P225 P6 HOLSTER SWIVEL DROP POLYMER LEATHER, Vintage Police Swivel 38 Cal Revolver Leather Holster, Authentic German Police P5/P9 Black Leather Holster Swivel Pivot Walther Surplus, Alfonso's Black Leather Lined Police Duty Swivel Holster For S&W 6" K Frame, Alfonso's Black Basketweave Police Swivel Holster For S&W K Frame 4 Walking Dead, Vintage Police Swivel 38 Cal Revolver Leather Holster Marked 551 4 38 PP, Vintage Bianchi Black Basket Duty Swivel Holster For S&W 44 N Frame Revolver 6.5, Vintage Tex Shoemaker Black Basketweave Swivel Duty Holster For S&W 4506, Alfonsos Black Leather Lined Police Duty Swivel Holster For K Frame Revolver 6", Original Vietnam War Personal & Field Gear. Jay-Pee | sku: 28CS. It is available with a basket-weave finish in additionto plain and matte black finishes. Level 1 - Only relies on friction. Thank you Sir! The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." The Rogers Holster Company SSII holster for semiautomatic pistols was a successful semi-breakfront design (becoming the long-lived Model 295 after the Safariland acquisition) which followed the WRATH, but by 1983 Rogers was ready to abandon his work on breakfront designs over concerns that they were too susceptible to disarms from the front, which his investigation had concluded was the most likely kind of attack that an officer would face. While placing the trigger finger into the trigger guard during the draw was a commonplace practice during this era, and was encouraged by almost every popular police holster design of the 1940s through the early 1970s (such as the Jordan-style police holster), it created a special hazard in the clamshell holster. Request a quote for the most accurate & reliable non-lethal training, Here are more product reviews as I continue my journey around the more than 13 miles of exhibits at SHOT Show, The reinforced area around the trigger guard combined with an almost complete elimination of exterior flexmakes this product more secure than anything I have seen for a duty holster, A police officer encourages open carry citizens to reconsider open carry and understand the tactical advantages of concealed carry, Take a quick trip with us to view some of the newest firearms, gear and gadgets that will be on display at SHOT Show. The tiger shark wears like iron, Ive had a belt and IWB holster made of it for the last 18 years and it is nearly indestructible plus it wont melt. Im glad you hung onto it. With a pop of a spring and a flash of motion, a bad guy immediately found himself staring down a sixgun barrel before he could even blink! If the leather is dry, make sure to use a little neatsfoot oil to preserve it. Vintage Leather Police Swivel Holster - Etsy Your dad sounds like he was a hell of a cop, and knowing Stockton, Im sure did some tough policing in some tough neighborhoods! Attached to this polycarbonate spine was a pocket for the gun that was made from a Kydex and leather laminate. It employs a lot of the features of those early breakfront holsters but is still essentially a modified top draw rig. They feature swivel belt loops and are designed for XTS Series Radios. $161.55 USD. As a result, the American Tactical recently announced the company will offer two new bolt-action rifle systems from Black Creek Labs. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. Wow, thank you! I came across a right hand swivel model from an auction site and wondering if you could help identify what revolver it fits. Thank You for the article on breakfront holsters. 1978. Some of the Model 27 improvements over the Berns-Martin were subtle, but there was one aspect of the design which marked a radical changethe Model 27 was designed for mass production. Now, at 66, its just stories. While every call does not involve the useof a firearm, the responding officer brings at least one into the mix. Richard, welcome aboard! Im glad I got to see these holsters being used. Slow down, Mr. Cosgrove. Mine sprung almost 180 degrees, so it was tough to put the weapon back and next to impossible with one hand. I have not seen an officer with a swivel for years. Our current lead-time for new orders is 4-9 weeks for most items. As low as $90.99. I used to fit prescription leather shoes for small children and I recognize quality work. Good comments guys, but are we all writting about Ted Blockers swivel holster? Smith & Wesson SWMP1BS M&P Black MAGIC Combo Edge Knife . Holsters - Police Swivel Holster - Trout Underground I had heard about them from other officers. Isnt it neat how some things just keep truckin on? I've been in and out of this job since 1983 and was looking for something more comfortable but would still retain the weapon. Neat piece. Safariland & Bill Rogers: The Rise of the Modern Security Holster, American Handgunner Magazine, July-August 2016, https://americanhandgunner.com/safariland-bill-rogers/. The revolver for that holster is indeed the S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece, a four inch barreled, target sighted .38 Special revolver. Please see my other web gear and US Military Police auctions. The Safariland 070 SSIII holster is likely the most successful retention holster ever fielded by law enforcement. Gun Holsters - vintagegunleather For more information, visit blackhawk.com or call 800-379-1732. QUICK DETACH FL SWIVEL SET - whitestoneordnance.com Hoffman and Sons holster company also manufactured clamshell holsters beginning around 1936, out of Arlington, California, and there was a host of others that joined them. Vintage Leather POLICE BELT Jay Pee. I will wear it with pride as long as I am able to!! Rapid Force Duty Holsters (2023) - Gun Girl News Thanks for your hard work. Mine was a LH Safety Speed swivel, purchased in the late 70s. Only the top draws remain, and theyre usually made of synthetics,like those that Rogers ushered in. Free Shipping on Orders Over $99! Simultaneously, the breakfront holster virtually disappeared from the scene as well. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. The department let me carry it until I retired, our senior Sgt. About 1/3 of the officers wear them. Thanks! Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021. $299.00. The notch they started making in the later models made it so much easier. 1945) operated out of Montebello, California, and became the giant in the clamshell holster business, producing them into the early 1990s. I found a perfect condition Safety Speed Hi-ride for a 4 inch L frame on Ebay. Add to Cart Compare. 2023 All Rights Reserved. The LAPD had just switched to the shorter guns in 1969 (which were neutered to remove the single action capability, like all LAPD revolvers starting in that year), so the characters who portrayed them on TV would too, and it made sense they would carry the guns in clamshell holsters, which by this time had become an LAPD icon. As I recall, you had to get it unsnapped, then rock the grip forward a little bit, then pull up a skoche, then swivel the grip back to push the muzzle through the front, then push the frame/cylinder out the front. What part of the U.S. were you policing in? judged. Two-way Radio Carry Cases - Motorola Solutions Amazing craftmanship and excellent quality. Reholstering a gun in a clamshell holster could be an awkward affair, that usually involved two hands. Neat.thanks for mentioning that. The SW602 features a level 2 security thumb break and a 6" drop. This is a big part of the reason that these holsters were disapproved for duty use in the CHP by the early 1960s. Grove Gun Shop Product Details. Look for a box or option labeled Home Page (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) or On Startup (Chrome). Dad lost part of his stomach and one third of his intestines, but returned to work. Industries (located in Dulce, New Mexico), had the notable distinction of producing clamshells for the LAPD under contract, beginning in the late 1960s. The hardest part was finding one for a 4 inch ( Im a short guy and could never carry a 6 inch). But no agency was so fully committed to the clamshell as the LAPD. As a result, with very few exceptions (such as the short-lived Bianchi Auto Drawor the more successful, semi-breakfront Rogers SSII / Safariland 295), the breakfronts didnt make the transition to the autopistol era. Romans 13:4, If this is your first visit be sure to check out the frequently asked questions by clicking here. Tex Shoemaker NJ 63 Plain Black Police Duty Holster P7M8 P7M13 Leather Lined. Swivel Holster with cartridge loops. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Vintage Tex Shoemaker NJSP Discontinued NJ State Police Holster For HK P7M8 LFT. The absolute monarchy of the Service Revolver has been supplanted by the Polymer Parliament. There really is a lot of interesting history here. - Cicero, 60 B.C. The clam shell was an awesome system for those who were well trained with it. Add to Cart. Nor was Ace being disrespectful of police generally, or California police officers specifically. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Glad youre enjoying it! Vintage Police Don Hume RH Leather Swivel Holster with 12 Cartridge Loops $15.00 0 bids $10.50 shipping 2d 18h or Best Offer VINTAGE BLACK LEATHER SHERIFF POLICE B-15-34 HOLSTER $50.00 0 bids $10.95 shipping 4d 7h or Best Offer VINTAGE JAY PEE LEATHER BELT AND HOLSTER SIZE 42 6" HOLSTER $49.95 $8.31 shipping or Best Offer I love the "quality workmanship!". Dont discount a clamshell holster because you were not able to operate it. The 357M is likely shorthand for .357 Magnumthis could be a reference to caliber, but instead I think its more likely a reference to the S&W pre-Model 27, which was simply called, The .357 Magnum before model numbers were assigned to all guns in the 1950s. The release was smooth. One of my sergeants used one of these for a while (we were issued S&W M66 at the time). One of them with a Model 19 and a three row speedloader pouch. Username or email *, Email address *. The standard holster is available for most of the commonly carried duty pistols. police swivel holster for sale | eBay Happy to try and answer it! Great department, great people. Best iPhone SE (2020) Belt Clip Cases in 2023 - iGeeksBlog It also could not be pulled straight up or from the rear. The Safariland 2955 holster offers the same features as the 295. Holsters usually are rated at one of four different levels, with level four using multiple retention methods combined with friction. Thats pretty neat, Dave! Been wondering the same thing, Ace. From my experience in working with many officers from many states California police officers are some of the best trained and competent officers around. All rights reserved. Our current lead-time for new orders is 4-9 weeks for most items. The mags had a dual spring system for constant feed rate so they never lost tension as the mags emptied. The Model 27 and Safety Speed designs were closed because the base of the closure spring was seated at the bottom of the leading edge. I was a cop in San Francisco, 80-87. Hey Mike.really great article I stumbled acrossmy grown kids gave me the Adam-12 DVD set for my birthday.wow, what memories.I was with San Antonio PD, we were issued Safety Speed breakfronts out of the academy, really good and safe holster. After some years of little luck I tried this new-fangled Ebay. It uses an ALS to help secure the gun, and it also has an optional Sentry system. Thanks for the article. The Safety Speed offered an improvement with its cutout trigger pocket, but the Model 2800 took a different approach. Glad you enjoyed the story, and hope youll stick around and check out the other fun stuff here. Then later, the desk jockeys at the Office decided they hadnt impaired the street guys enough, so they came up with a mandatory issue, a Tex Shoemaker (sp?) Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Good design, but not my choice. I realize that the fixed-position holster can sometimes interfere with how you sit in a vehicle, but for many years we had a holster that would swivel, and after a few years and it spinning around, you would always worry that the holster would break off and fall off your belt. The pic below was taken by my friend JayCee of his USAF issued M15. Designed by Bill Rogers, the 070 has been made by Safariland since the mid-1980s. Designed specifically to work with popular weapon lights such as the Streamlight TLR-1 and the SureFire X300, the BlackHawk Epoch holster has an internal locking feature that hooks on the ejection port for a high degree of grab resistance. The safety strap had a decoy snap on the outside, and a low profile thumb break release on the inside, which enhanced security. Would love you to do an article on the Audley holster and its variants. . Vintage from the 1960s Materials: leather The Pro-3 Slim Line holster from Uncle Mikes offers a traditional thumb break combined with an internal locking system to increase the officers ability to retain the weapon during a disarming attempt. The markings on the back are 4S 357M 57 4. . It easily outclassed the rabble of unimaginative top draw designs that polluted police supply catalogs throughout the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s. USA. Write it down for your family and keep it with the equipment so that it outlasts you. My 1st day walking in the office early, I found sillouhette targets over everything, with comments.we need a new tv, the fridge isnt cold, the computers need replacing..stay away ftom the freezer, its NEW!..leave the helicopters alone!!! John BianchiAn American Legend 50 Years of Gunleather. Gould & Goodrich Gould and Goodrich Adjustable Tension Level 2 Leather Duty Holster. This feature, along with the enhanced retention and security features, gave the holster an edge in safety compared to other contemporary designs of the era. Mike, thank you for the great articles. My dads old high ride has name and badge number stamped as you describe, which is cool. The Model 2800 Judge also improved on the cylinder cutouts of the Hoyt, Model 27 and Safety Speed breakfronts by sandwiching a pair of metal cups in between the layers of leather, to hold the cylinder in place. If they ever took old dinosaurs back on the street Id be happy to carry a clamshell again. 2x Black Leather Police Security Military Mace/Pepper Spray Holster/Pouch C-309 $ 17.50 Buy It Now $5.95 Shipping Condition: Used Location: Woodside, United States Many of Police & Security. Adler, Dennis. Bianchi didnt give up though, and the company was successful in meeting the demands of large agencies like the California Highway Patrol (1970) and the Los Angeles Police Department (1972), whichmade the Model 27 holster standard issuefor their officers. Sixguns By Keith. John Bianchi had barely started his fledgling holster making operation out of his garage in Monrovia, California, when he started playing with the breakfront holster concept in 1960. I do wish youd cool it on EBay though, so I could win some of those bids myself. I worked for a suburban SoCal department adjacent to LAPD. The holster would beat your leg to death if you didnt hold it when you ran. While Ive never been a fan of the holsters that had an opening on the entire front section of the holster, the design did lead to some development of hybrid breakfront/top draw rigs. Im working on a crossdraw article where Lewis will get a mention! Black leather with wear. Police duty belts, holsters and pouches all at discounted prices. I still have it. My favorite is the Don Hume model H901. The holster will last as long as your pistol. The SW602 swivel duty holster is leather lined with built-in sight tracks and an adjustable barrel-tension device. To help overcome this weakness, some enterprising officers (and later, manufacturers)peened the rivet and installeda cotter pin to prevent a separation. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Holsters by Carry Style. When I was in, there were still guys using them. Good Condition! Show: Sort By: Items: Previous Page 1 2 Next Page View All Wish I had kept the weapon and the holster. Ted Blocker Swivel Holsters - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums The safety strap which wrapped around the front of the WRATH helped to make it all work, as it did on the BOSS. I do have a swivel holster from Nelson Leather company, but it is a different type than the ones I have seen on the L.A. guys. The Safariland Model 6360 ALS/SLS Mid-Ride Level III retention duty holster is a popular rig for law enforcement. Holsters | Gun Holsters | Safariland $20.13. Yeah, youre article hit a nerve! CLS Replacement Swivel Belt Holster Display Fanny pack Fanny Pack Fireman Fits JMX Radio Flexible Hand Heavy Duty Hi-Visibility High Capacity Battery Leather Leather Carrying Case with Swivel Clip Long Alligator Belt Clip Mesh Chest Harness No Display Portable Radio Radio Belt Clip Radio Carrying Case with Loop Rear Panel Adapter Shoulder Carried it for years as my father before me and only retired it when we went to semi autos in 1990s. I also thought it pretty cool to see the dump pouches in some of those photos. Malloy and Reed may have brought these clever holsters into the public consciousness in the early 70s, but the clamshell holster story goes back much further. I owned at least 5 clam shells and carried one for 17 years. Instead, he turned his creative energies towards improved security designs such as the SSIII (which later became the industry-leading Safariland Model 070 after the acquisition), and changed the face of the police duty holster forever, in the process. Im so glad you have the story to go with the gear. Thanks for writing in! Alas, weve lost a bit of the fine art in sidearms today. But it was a great piece of gear. I'm thinking about buying one for my 1911, but I am concerned with retention in a gun grab. Recently got a new Duty Belt (30V) and its just as superbly crafted as my first 30Vactually, the first ones got plenty of life left, I lost some weight and just needed a better fit. ; ^ ). For a few years, the Safariland Model 275 competed directly with Rogers WRATH, but when Rogers sold his holster company to Safariland in 1985, the Model 275 cornered the market for revolver breakfront security holsters. I retired it in 86 when we switched to the Sig P220. Countless officers owe their livesat least in partto this holster. 9 Top Retention Holsters For Law Enforcement - Tactical Life Gun

Weymouth Club Membership Cost, St Michael's College Leeds Friends Reunited, Antigen Test Folkestone, Afrotc Field Training 2021 Location, Payette County Idaho Murders, Articles P

police swivel holster

police swivel holster