crocodile race dnd 5e

Death Roll. The dark magic was a sort of magical pollution, spread from a variety of wizards, warlocks, sorcerers, and other spellcasters, corrupting their bodies and turning them into the beasts they are now. Getting out of a death roll grapple is near impossible for humans, and with this DC a cow (comparable in size and strength to a water buffalo) would have a 65% chance to escape. Giant Crocodile - Monsters - D&D Beyond After many years of peace within the Nile, humans began to slowly drain their water source, as both the humans and aligotarian tribes considered it "sharing" until it became barren. Descended from genies of the elemental planes, Genasi are all tied to one of the four elements Air, Earth, Fire, and Water and embody traits inherited from their ancestral element. Where up until now, they were highly unlikely to be discovered, this is the time when their inherited powers first make themselves visible, alongside some other eventual traits. Natives of the elemental plane of water, tritons are protectors of the material planes oceans from the threat of elemental evil. Crocodile's have the strongest bites ever recorded, absolutely dwarfing lions, tigers and even jaguars which have the strongest bite of any bit cat, these creatures are way too weak to be considered crocodiles. Bite. Examples: Takika, Zaza, Gotakak, Roakat Aligotarian Traits . Witch Legacy. While hexlings have much in common, the type of hag their bloodline is descended from separates them into six subraces; Annis, Bheur, Dusk, Green, Night, and Sea. You always smell a bit like the forest, swamp, soot or seaweed. You can hold your breath for 15 minutes while underwater. Race Names . If you're playing a lizardfolk with . Finally, how did your hexlings nature affect them? You have tough, scaly skin. Sea hags were revolting to look upon; their visage was so horrifying that the weak hearted were known to die upon gazing at these hags. Two Heads. *Height = base height + height modifier Crocodilians are slow on land but much faster in the water. They do wish to survive, but they also wish to show off their victories to others and are very prideful. Rogues, Barbarians, and Druids are all great choices here as are Monks, given the boost to unarmed strike damage that Aarakocra receive due to their talons. The ability can make games exceptionally deadly, as the character who fails the saving throw while underwater will have rounds before they have to make death saving throws instead of minutes. https://taimasart.tumblr.com. In the wild that looks more like 5-10%. Crocodile Armor - 5th Edition SRD If a minotaur's horns can be 1d10, a devastating bite can be too. Is it possible to have a crocodile as a companion? Crocodilian (5e Race) - D&D Wiki - dandwiki.com My friend wants to be a crocodile character : r/DnD Size: Arcosians Base form may be anywhere between 4-5ft in height however in their larger forms have been known to be as big as 12ft tall. D&D 5th Edition Compendium. Your witches mark is light, usually pale, maybe tinted blue in color, and shaped like a diamond. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target not grappled by the werecrocodile. https://taimacreative.com Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition I used this as a boss on a low-level campaign I ran and used your Death Roll attack, Mars. Monsters of the Multiverse and 5.5e. Some aligotarians are born with pure white eyes, often regarded as a sign of strength, endurance, and the will to protect amongst other aligotarians. All hexlings share certain traits as a result of their curse. Of The North. Should be at least 13, Give them the ability to go into a death roll and be able to twist off limbs! Races. I rocked up late to the first session with an unread rulebook and a human bard called Nick Jugger. but getting old as a carnivorous race is a nice twist incorporating real crocs getting quite old themselves. The Grung are a species of humanoid amphibians that resemble large frogs. Did they try to deny it or did they accept and lean into it? Posted this in Unearthed Arcana subreddit a month or so back as well as in a thread a few minutes ago about my current campaign in the prep stages. ACTIONS Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. in a straight 1v1 against your Average Humanoid that isn't prepared for fighting Monstrosities, this is extremely lethal. Their tendency to fight can be reflected by their physical appearance. All dwarves are at home underground, but the ancestors of the Duergar delved deeper than any other, all the way down into the underdark. The crovic were once ordinary crocodiles, but were altered by dark magic; corrupting them to be the creatures they are now. As a hexling, you were raised like a human. As a hexling derived from a Night Hags bloodline, you carry their resistance to fire and inherit some of their dark magic. Gnolls generally stand around 7 feet in height and weigh between 250 and 350lbs. Despite their size, bugbears are remarkably stealthy, and their fey ancestry expresses itself in an ability to hide and move through spaces that seem far too small to accommodate their massive frames. An intelligent race of misunderstood tribesmen, Crovic are a powerful force that can use both diplomacy, and spears. Often they are hunted, tracked down by witch hunters that blames them for the sins of their hag ancestors. This is one of the reasons people believe the first Minotaurs were created by the Lady of Pain (ruler of Sigil, city of doors) to patrol her labyrinths. Thank you to my Patreons and friends for support and feedback. https://taimashomebrewery.tumblr.com If you want to know more about changeling the 5e race, then please go ahead and read the article . These chaotic, mirthful folk tend to look like small elves with insectoid wings, although there are an almost endless variety found throughout the feywild and beyond. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 12 Strength . It seems as though a rebellion formed against them because of their ruthless nature. Spear Mastery. ), shifters cant fully change shape but instead partially take on the traits of their more bestial ancestor. How hexlings deal with learning of their roots or the prejudice of people around them differs from one to the other. However, Crovics are surprisingly fine with their transformation, eager to learn about the outside world, as the originals typically lived in swamps. Ability Score Increase. Your witches mark is of blue or green tone, shaped like a teardrop, and always feels slightly damp and cold to the touch. You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track creatures who hit points are less than their hit point maximum, provided the creature has blood.Languages. https://www.dandwiki.com/w/index.php?title=Aligotarian_(5e_Race)&oldid=1654331. Mechanically, a changeling can be a good fit for just about any role, although its as a Rogue or Bard where they truly shine. This aside, hexlings mature at the same rate as humans but often live to be about 150 years old. Their scales can be dark tan, dark green, grey, pale yellow, or jet black . Facebook; Twitter; Correu electrnic; Categories You can heal yourself as a bonus action . Their Sneaky and Surprise attack features also make them amazing candidates for the Rogue class, especially the assassin. Language From Monster Manual, page 320. Aasimar have a mixture of useful racial traits, of which their Healing Hands are especially powerful seeing as this is effectively a version of the Paladins Lay on Hands ability. Additionally: Thanks to my friend Hugo who helped me balance and proof read and to my Patreons and friends for supporting me. Gnolls - a Race of Ferocious Hyenafolk for 5e | GM Binder For languages have you considered aquan instead of Draconic? Whichever the case, once in a while in a bloodline like this, a child may be born as something not quite human. There are many dnd races that the players can assume in dungeons and Dragons. The lizardfolk have some racial traits. THE WICKED thing was burnt last week. With a mixture of flight and innate spellcasting, Aarakocra are a highly mobile and versatile player race that can find themselves well suited to any class that doesnt require them to wear medium-heavy armor. Depending on subrace, which sort of hag their bloodline comes from, this mark looks different in shape and color. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Different elven subraces grant a range of benefits from innate spellcasting and weapon training to an almost supernatural ability to hide among the trees, meaning elves can be well suited to a wide variety of character classes. What truly sets the Yuan-ti apart, however, are their resistances . Changelings live in secret as part of many different societies throughout the multiverse, able to perfectly blend in among other unsuspecting races. If the attack hits, it deals 1d6 + your Strength the creature must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. Crocodile | D&D 5th Edition on Roll20 Compendium Age. Hit: 7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 12). You have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) and Wisdom (Perception) checks, while in swamp environments.Aquatic Hunter. Also, the Celestial Revelation that all Aasimar receive at 3rd level can be a lynchpin of a character build, not to mention increase your damage output noticeably. How tall are goliaths dnd 5e? - JacAnswers Witch Legacy. Like the minotaur, I think I'd prefer the bite to be a separate weapon as opposed to an unarmed attack enhancement. Touched by a spark of the upper planes, Aasimar are to celestials as Tieflings are to fiends. Name Ability Size Source. Seems okay but the whole magical resistence is kinda out of left field might be better to say change it to Con modifier+character lvl half melee damage once per long rest or something like that. https://ko-fi.com/taimatime. First up are the nine classic fantasy races found in the Players Handbook. Covering The Best In Video Games, Esports, Movies and Geek Culture If the 40+ options for playable races dont offer enough variety or perhaps youre a dungeon master looking to create playable races for your homebrew setting then the Custom Lineage rules from Tashas Cauldron of Everything are a new way to create balanced legal characters who arent based on an existing race. And as a boss fight there's one with legendary actions in Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Note: This is a port of a homebrew creature, made by 'Silly Squid Squad', into a race. Resources. [Top 5] D&D Best Tank Builds That Can Withstand Massive Damage Your hair and nails grow unnaturally fast. Actions. Increasingly, as the conversation in the D&D community shifts toward ways to avoid problematic ideas like bioessential racial traits, especially negative ones, Wizards of the Coast has started reworking the next generation of the D&D 5e rules to make races more flexible. They also help us understand how our site is being used. Crocodilians take pride in their race and will take great offense to those mistaking them as lizardfolk. Embarrassing - I did something unlike me. Changeling 5e Guide - Abilities and History - 5e Races In addition, you can hold your breath for 15 minutes, and you have a swimming speed equal to your walking speed. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells. Remember that you can only Wild Shape twice per short rest, and the DMG's expectation of a normal adventuring day is 6-8 encounters per day with 2 short rests (See DMG Page 84: "The Adventuring Day"), so a single use of Wild Shape often needs to be able to last at least an entire fight on average. Your base walking speed is 25 feet and you have a swimming speed of 40 feet. You can alleviate the need to drink extra fluids by submersing yourself in fresh water for an hour.Hunter. You have resistance to fire damage. The one thing that unites the people from all these different races is that, sooner or later, some of them decide to become adventurers. Tail. The crocodilians are humanoid crocodiles that lurk in swamplands. These races range from the humble human and other classic fantasy humanoids like elves, dwarves, and halflings to snake people, birdfolk, deep gnomes, and half-giants. A Tabaxis speed and agility (not to mention unsurpassed climbing speed) make them fine candidates for Rogues, Rangers, and Monks. The man straightened his back and snorted, patting the short sword hanging off his belt as a light smirk spread across his face. The Duergars innate spellcasting and psionic fortitude offer an interesting mixture of survivability and durability, which make this race excellently suited to playing just about any class. Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! You, rolling for Fluffy the croc: okay he hits and does x damage. They were powerful hunters and were feared throughout many lands. They have a natural resistance toward poison and are trained from a young age to be as comfortable wielding their hammer over a burning forge as in battle with a horde of goblins. These are the minority of Crovics, which are chosen to become ambassadors, living in towns, villages, cities, and kingdoms of other races. Male: Heavy use of the 'sh' sound and a's. Tail. Press J to jump to the feed. U know, the normal croc stat block is really underpowered for what the croc is like IRL since crocs have the strongest raw bite force of any animal (although great whites do more damage overall due to serrated teeth) u seem to be quite knowledgeable on crocs, do u hav any suggestions on how to rework the croc to be more realistic? Finally he'd snapped, turning on his heels with eyes burning as he stared at the two women who'd been gossiping. Kobolds tend to stand about 3 feet tall and have long, snout-like faces somewhere between a dog and a monitor lizard with scaly skin and red eyes that glow in torchlight like an alligator. crocodile race dnd 5e Books/Dungeons & Dragons/3rd Party/5th Edition/_DMsGuild On a failed save, you may ask one of the following questions: What is their motive? Wiki Pages Latest activity. A fierce warrior people created by the one-eyed god Gruumsh, Orcs are tenacious warriors with near-unmatched staying power in a fight. Tieflings do get some powerful advantages as a result of their fiendish heritage, however. Creating a character in Dungeons & Dragons 5e is a chance to step into a boundless fantastical world full of adventure, dungeons, and strange monsters to fight. This makes them an amazing candidate for the Bard or Cleric class, although players who want their Hobgoblin to be a bit more directly impactful could still play a battle master Fighter. The Githyanki are the more warlike subspecies of Gith, raiding the material plane on red dragonback or in flying ships made of iron. They also dont need to sleep normally, falling into a meditative trance instead. Their hands and feet are also outfitted with sharp claws. She didn't doubt that her granddaughter would take care of this man too, like she had with any other that decided to treat her as anything less than human. Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, their respective logos, and all Wizards titles and characters are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the crocodile can't bite another target. You know the Shillelagh cantrip. 10 Awesome Monsters for a D&D 5e Swamp Encounter Humanoid (any race) Chaotic Evil: Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica: Anchorite of Talos : 3: Medium: Humanoid (Half-orc, Shapechanger) Neutral Evil: Dragon of Icespire Peak p.51: Ancient Amethyst Dragon: 23: Gargantuan: Dragon (Gem) Neutral: Fizban's Treasury of Dragons pg 160: Ancient Black Dragon: 21: Gargantuan: Dragon: Chaotic Evil: Monster . Ambassador's Linguistics. Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature's attack rolls have disadvantage. Ability Score Increase. The phoenix can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing. They have a reptilian layer of scales that cover their bodies and a large snout that conceals rows of dangerously sharp teeth. Whatever could there be for him to look out for that he had not seen before? 5e Encounter Maker / Calculator - Kassoon.com You have a ring or spiral pattern of moles or freckles somewhere on your body. Crovic (5e Race) | Blackbando's Homebrew Wiki | Fandom You know the Vicious Mockery cantrip. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. Your witches mark is of a faint red tone, shaped like a crescent moon. Exuberant rabbit folk front the feywild, Harengons are bipedal, with long feet and powerful back legs they use for running and jumping with remarkable grace and speed. It was the vernacular of the beginning, so the pets that communicate in early-stage essential languages those animals can comprehend Aquan and also the other way around. Many Lizardfolk cultures believe they were placed on the material plane to guard its natural wonders. I add a death roll to all crocs in my games. A love of personal freedom can drive shifters toward chaotic alignments. Instead of Sylvan, you can speak, read and write Infernal. Use as you wish, roll for fun, or make up your own traits entirely. They can live to be over 300 years old.Alignment. A hexling child may wake up to find that their bed is frozen over by frost, or scare themselves and their family as their voice suddenly boom loud and the earth begin to tremor when they raise their voice. Languages. There sometimes starts growing moss in your hair. Capacity score increase - there is a chance of increasing the constitution code by 2 and on the other hand, your wisdom score gets increases by 1. 2023 Wizards. https://patreon.com/taima In terms of law and chaos, crocodilians are often chaotic, but it is not unheard of for a crocodilian to be lawful.Size. They rarely live beyond 40 years. If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon or tip me on Ko-Fi! I add a death roll to all crocs in my games. Cockatrice | D&D 5th Edition on Roll20 Compendium Monster Tags: Misc Creature. After all, hexlings look for the most part just like any other human. You even look just like them, in all ways, any traits given by your heritage vague enough that its easily explained away. Powerful Build. They tend to be chaotic in alignment. In battle, the Shadar-Kai are terrifying, able to teleport all over the battlefield and gain near-permanent damage resistance at higher levels. This isolationist group of proud creatures make powerful Fighters and Barbarians. Centaurs from the Feywild have a mystical connection to the natural world. However, if youre thinking about injecting a bit of sneakiness into a non-Rogue character, playing a Goblin is a great way to do it. They did not know, but he heard their every word. Shifter 5E Race Guide | Tips and Builds for the Shifter Race Aligotarian (5e Race) - D&D Wiki - dandwiki.com I'm not scared of some crazed woman," he said, "maybe if I see her, we'll have a talk.". As a hexling with the ancestry of a green hag, you are naturally cunning and a born trickster. At level 6 a normal druid can become a CR 1/2 creature (Like a crocodile) unless you took circle of the moon which allows you to go up to CR 1 at level 2. The Dark Squad in the Secrets of Saltmarsh #113 Fello-WIN! This doesnt prevent them from being just as fearsome in battle, capable of dishing out extra damage on a critical hit, staying conscious when knocked to 0 hit points, and gaining proficiency in the intimidation skill. I feel it emulates the croc's ability to drown its victims, but you can switch out the drowning part for extra damage (I suggest two extra dice), the stunned condition, a level of exhaustion, or nothing. Subrace - Lizardfolk Variant | GM Binder If a minotaur's horns can be 1d10, a devastating bite can be too. Growing up different is hard for anyone, but growing up to learn that everyone is right about you, that you are strange by nature, always have been and will be, is horrible. It contains new races and subraces, expands upon the lore of fan-favorites like the drow, and brings back a sense of excitement and exploration to . In Faern, the following kinds of lycanthropes are common: Werebat . When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Enthrall as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. That is awesome and more accurate. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. Speed. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. The ability can make games exceptionally deadly, as the character who fails the saving throw while underwater . -Last words of Deer Stoves, Human Wilderness Survivalist. You can strike targets with your tail, for 1d6 + str bludgeoning damage, as a natural weapon. Once you use this trait, you can not use it again until you finish a short or long rest.Water Dweller. The descendants of humans who turned themselves into snake people as part of foul, ancient rituals, the Yuan-Ti used to be an almost entirely monstrous people but have grown as a culture over the centuries and these days make for a really narratively interesting race to play. Hit: 21 (3d10 + 5) piercing damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 16). You could probably homebrew it. Those who wish vengeance for their Nile may choose an evil alignment.Size. Ability Score Increase. Name Ability Size. However, your aquatic nature means you must consume twice the liquid of a normal Medium sized creature. I heard he too carry the mark.". Attributes. In that case I would echo everyone else suggesting the Lizardfolk race. Language Witch Legacy. Larger and bulkier than humans, a Half-Orc is still dwarfed by a full-blooded Orc. Little is known about their history because they don't care enough to pass it on. Crocodilians are a rare species related to lizardfolk. Graceful, dextrous, ageless elves are an otherworldly race who choose to dwell in places of ethereal tranquility in balance with the natural world, except the drow, of course, but their long sojourn in the Underdark and what it has done to their culture serves as a demonstration of what happens when elves fall out of step with the natural world (I guess worshiping an evil spider goddess doesnt help). Note: This is a port of a homebrew creature, made by 'Silly Squid Squad', into a race. Something happens to the hexlings at their 13th birthday. Elf: Elves are quick and gain Perception proficiency, making them suitable candidates for Dnd races 5e like fighter, monk, ranger, and rogue. Up until their 13th birthday, hexlings are in all senses just like humans, their hag like traits not settling in until then. Crocodile - Monsters - D&D Beyond Home / Books / Dungeons & Dragons / 3rd Party / 5th Edition / _DMsGuild. Crocodile Armor. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. Crovics are roughly 200 pounds, and 5-6 feet tall. Wolves in sheeps clothing is what they call them. Size. Phoenix - DnD Wiki | Dungeons and Dragons (D&D 5E) The only thing I dont like about this creature is that if a target is grappled by the Croc then subsequent bite attacks should be auto-success, The only thing I don't like about this creature is that if a target is grappled by the Croc then subsequent bite attacks should be auto-success. https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/laelaps/the-secret-of-the-crocodile-death-roll/  A restrained creature's speed becomes 0, and it can't benefit from any bonus to its speed. As a bonus action, you can make an attack with your tail against a Large or smaller creature. Mechanically, they are a Strength-based race that excels in close combat. Hellish Resistance. They make highly effective Fighters, Rogues, and Monks. The DC for this saving throw is equal to 8 + your Strength modifier + your proficiency bonus. Tribal names consist of two parts, smashed together (e.g. Lizardfolk 5e (5th Edition) Race in D&D Variants: Dragonborn (5e Race Variants/Subraces). Given their rarity and the different mechanical assumptions made about them however, theyve been moved over into the second half of this article. Wherever the mark appears, it's a sign they will always carry, whether they do so with pride, shame or indifference. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 16 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. They get Abyssal and Draconic as their additional languages, as well as natural Darkvision, all of which can be useful in exploration or role-playing. As a hexling with this heritage, you inherit part of their horrifying visage in the look of your eyes, making you intimidating like few, and much like them you can breathe underwater. Crushing Bite. Once thought of as merely the goblins smarter, more disciplined and warlike cousins, hobgoblins have undergone some changes recently that put them back in touch with their fey roots. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Halflings are nimble, courageous, and possess reserves of luck far larger than their small physiques (which allow them to reroll natural 1s on any ability check, attack roll, or saving throw). Even those in no way related, maybe just born sorcerers or in anyway different, are sometimes accused of being one. Size. Due to their scales; any place in a crovic's armor would have a weak spot in is covered by natural armour giving them a +1 to their Armour Class. Their hands and feet are also outfitted with sharp claws. Witch Legacy. It succeeded Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition (2008-2013), and was preceded by a D&D 5e open playtest known as D&D Next . The death roll's attack bonus is the same as the bite and it does one more die of damage. Larger than pixies and sprites but smaller than just about everyone else, Fairies are one of the archetypal fey races with innate spellcasting and the power of flight. The Leonin are bipedal cat folk with features resembling lions. Underworld Races & Classes - AAW Games

Mountain Symbol Copy And Paste, Lead Receptionist Job Description, Florida Man February 9, 2002, Tv Shows About Moving To A New Town, Why Is Andrew Jackson's Home Called The Hermitage, Articles C

crocodile race dnd 5e

crocodile race dnd 5e