1949 studebaker commander

The team rested for a little over three hours before attempting another record on the 600-mile track to Brisbane. Too bad this one is so far away. If I wasnt on the other side of the country Id be looking seriously at this rag-top Stude. Find new and used 1949 Studebaker Commander Classics for sale by classic car dealers and private sellers near you. But is there a Studebaker tie-in? If they were near them, they would be all rusted out first off. They were less well suited to the higher cruising speeds made possible by better roads in later years. The Zimmerman (formerly Automobile Driving Museum) in El Segundo CA, next to LAX, has one in museum quality condition which they drive on some Sundays to give visitors a ride around the block. 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan. . Classic Studebaker Commander for Sale on ClassicCars.com It features outstanding body features and body flaring. The existing engine, transmission, and rear end are still working just fine 1942 Studebaker Champion 2 Door Coupe. Find your dream car today. -Vehicle is on consignment, 1949 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe is fully restored back to its original beauty. Built in Hamilton, Ontario Canada in Sept. 1965, Sold originally in southern California, registered in Cathedral city. Their classic lines make for one fine hot rod. Comes with additional professionally rebuilt to like new condition, extra engine, transmission, and rear end. WeBe Autos Specializes in Marketing and Advertising Muscle, Classic, Vintage and Specialty Cars, 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan, Suicide Doors, Just needs a little TLC, Both Run and Drive. 1928 Studebaker, Commander, 6 cylinder, completely restored. sweeping change ever made in truck design since gasoline replaced Im glad youre not so we can be friends!, Yeah, i get it ! Studebaker coasted along with the old bodies until 1952. Location. The car now runs, drives, and stops well, and the 3-speed overdrive transmission also works perfectly. 2 Door Sedan In 1955, the name was changed. good interior, front seats non-original. The front grille bars had 5 small vertical fins each to differentiate them from the earlier model. Will roll fine to your trailer. All Rights Reserved, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), New in at Chelsea Cars from Jensen Interceptor to Mini. We currently only have 1, priced at $25,000. I dont; its almost a given, and I factor it in. new interior, rebuilt motor and rear end, overdrive works will consider auto trades only show contact info. No. Piston rings Good luck with the sale. Have I ever been burned? Keep me in the conversation via email. Considered very radical for the era, it had three-point front styling, popularly known as the bullet-nose. The reason Im selling is because my wife has been out of work for 3 months now and Studebaker commanders .. v8 auto 1 has 68k mile will need fuel pump installed unique rare find of American made history .. 3rd owner ? Solid car for the year. Burger X 2. [1]:p259, After this, the three cars were closely scrutinised, part by part, and it was established that they were strictly stock automobiles, identical in every respect to those available at any Studebaker showroom. Stunning overall condition and a very rare present war example. Truck also has front disk brakes with new wheels and tires. kind of "lift-the-hood" accessibility makes adjustments 289 V-8 engine, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes. Original interior looks very good as well 109,000 miles 289 V8 hi pro Newly rebuilt motor always been garaged and it shows a great collector car thats fun to drive R 1953 Studebaker Commander, Starliner hardtop. Just 1,702 copies of that body style would be built even though pent-up demand for new cars was high then, making this a rare find today. 1949 to 1962 Studebaker for Sale on ClassicCars.com - Pg 3 $3,000. Extremely beautiful vehicle with 65,370 original miles, every . Regal Commanders reverted to single headlamps in the final model year of 1966. Huge cabs with nearly 23% increased Zip Code. 1949 STUDEBAKER LAND CRUISER SPECIFICATIONS PRICE Base price: $2,328 Price as optioned: N/A Options: Overdrive, Climatizer heater, whitewall tires, chrome wheel discs, AM radio ENGINE Type: L-head straight-six, cast-iron block and cylinder head Displacement: 245.6 cubic inches Bore x Stroke: 3.312 x 4.750 inches Compression ratio: 6.5:1 And i nascar , i dont drive but i am always willing to let someone merge in . trim rings or discs optional at extra cost on all models. This example is no excep 1959 Studebaker Lark Every muscle car enthusiast knows what an STP sticker looks like. The Land Cruiser name officially returned in 1941 and 1942. windshield and window vision! In our town there were two examples of the breed. The first series would have a production run from 1947-49, which included the sellers 49 Commander Regal DeLuxe convertible. spine-saving, cost-saving improvements than any new trucks ever The roads, tires, and brakes, as well as the engines were maxed to their comfortable and/or safe limits at that speed. A longer wheelbase version of the Lark sedan was offered for fleet sales. I only do it when the weather is convenient! Studebaker. Studebaker Land Cruiser - Wikipedia 1949 Studebaker Classic Cars for Sale - Classics on Autotrader I wonder what it would take to get this one in minimally acceptable (drive-able) condition. All studebaker cars . Solid project Please N, This 1954 Studebaker Commander Restomod is really the best of everything. James Nance the idiot running Packard didnt help either when the two companies on death row combined. But i cant throw paper in the garbage ! I love biking To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. No its not a bullet nose, but still pretty cool. 1949 Studebaker Champion Commander For Sale - Chelsea Cars 1949 Studebaker Champion Commander For Sale Make: Studebaker Model: Champion Commander First Registered: 1949 Price: POA Mileage: Colour: Yellow Engine: Gearbox: Manual Power: LHD/RHD: LHD Additional Features: 1949 Studebaker Champion Commander For Sale Hope this one finds a loving home. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The 50 front will fit 47 thru 49. Distance. Not really, unless you consider a car showing up half a grade or so lower than the sellers representation a burn job. Additional structural reinforcements were needed to reduce body flexure. Extremely beautiful vehicle with 65,370 original miles, every. Not running, engine turns. See specifications list in photo section. Cadillac V8 - 2800 Miles (Since Build) Y, 1949 Studebaker Custom Pickup Truck Features: Custom Frame Mustang Front End Corvette Rear End Tilt, 1949 Studebaker Pick-up Featured in Custom Classic Truck June 2012. That 246ci engine received major work to the fuel system, cooling system, and cylinder head. -Vehicle is on consignment and at our clients home -Please Call First and talk to a rep at 231-468-2809 EXT 1 -Showroom is by appointment only Please Call -If you would like a FREE 1958 Studebaker truck red interior is black manual windows the engine is 1975 500 Cadillac engine rebuilt new carburetor transmission is a 400 turbo rebuilt new radiator manual doors frame work undercarriage is a 1985 Chevy 1 ton 30 series all new 1963 STUDEBAKER GRAN TURISMO IT IS VERY SOLID BODY, FRAME FLOORS AND TRUNK. It has an honest 46,345 miles and has never seen rain. Regal Deluxe 2 Having driven many miles in quite a few Studebaker trucks, from 1/2 ton up to 2 ton. 1949 Studebaker Commander Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner Studebaker was a once proud company, but paid employees too much, had bad management and when it finally got Sherwood Egbert, he made great business moves to save the company, but he died too young. Naturally, there was plenty of work to do to return the car to the land of the living. Coils springs for 1950 made a world of difference. Please Note The Following *Vehicle Location is at our clients home and Not In Used 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk Grand Torisimo Classic Original Rare Car OAK LAKE RV SALES FULL SERVICE SHOP & CAMPGROUND 1962 Grand Torisimo Features and Options: Classic 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk Grand Torisimo *289 V8 o 1962 Studebaker Champ 8' long bed 3/4 ton pickup. The 1947 Studebaker models were so revolutionary that it had other car builders scurrying back to their drawing boards. There were three basic models the Light Six, the Special Six and the Big Six, developing 40bhp (30kW; 41PS), 50bhp (37kW; 51PS), and 60bhp (45kW; 61PS) respectively at 2000rpm. good interior, front seats non-original. Runs smooth with its 6 cylinder and 6 volt system. $13,995.00 Recent Rat Rod Class winner this past F 1952 Studebaker Champion 4 door with suicide rear doors. Deluxe 2 Door Coup We use cookies and browser activity to improve your experience, personalize content and ads, and analyze how our sites are used. thrills! Sorry but without the Bullet-nose its just an ugly car from the front. Deluxe 4 Door Sedan GLWTS. If you're looking for a classic Studebaker Commander, look no further than Hemmings, the premiere online classic car dealer of the US! Engine horsepower increased to 127 as the result of a 0.5 compression increase (to 7.5). 1949 Studebaker Pick-up Featured in Custom Classic Truck June 2012. Starlighardtop Coup Dimensions are: 8 1/2 inches width by 11. The front clip does not meet at the doors. Brakes & Brake Parts for 1949 Studebaker Commander Use Classics on Autotrader' intuitive search tools to find the best classic car, muscle car, project car, classic truck, or hot rod. From last 2 months of production. In. Only minor trim changes for 1948 brought a Land Cruiser price of $2265, and in 1949 it was increased to $2328 ($26,513 in 2021 dollars [1]). ; wb: 123 in.) Its hard, 1949 Studebaker Pickup 1/2 T 6 cyl 3 speed -Vehicle is on consignment and at our clients home -Please Call First and talk to a rep at 231-468-2809 EXT 1 -Showroom is by appointment only Ple, 1949 Studebaker Commander. The Studebaker Commander is the model name of several automobiles produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana (United States) and Studebaker of Canada Ltd of Walkerville and, later, Hamilton, Ontario (Canada). Not Many Left: 1949 Studebaker Commander Convertible Starts, runs and drives. A RARE and cool car retractable roof for surfboards . This car is in great condition. The 1952 Land Cruiser was the last to use real glass for the tail and parking light lenses. STP oil treatment was first introduced in 1952 as a product of Chemical Compounds Inc. of St. Joseph, Missouri. PARTS PRICES Studebaker coasted along with the old bodies until 1952. We had a 48 Champion Starlite coupe. The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards recognized In January of 2011, a beautifully restored 1951 2R5 sold at RM's Arizona auction for $35,750, putting it well above the $20,000-$30,000 auction estimate. 1950 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe, 1951 Studebaker Commander State 4-Door Sedan, 1952 Studebaker Commander State Convertible, 1953 Studebaker Commander V-8 Regal 4-Door Sedan, 1954 Studebaker Commander V8 Deluxe Starlight Coupe, In 1963, Studebaker again resurrected the Commander name for the 1964 model year, applying it to the next-to-lowest-priced Lark model, the Challenger being below. Off the road since 1964 and stored indoors, this drop-top project is available here on Barn Finds Classifieds. My dad took our 37 DeSoto up to 60 once. Spent 50 years stored in a barn in Southern Illinois. V-8, the added structural weight increased the car's 0-60 mph acceleration time to an unacceptable level. Restomod +LS +new frame+Brakes,suspension, One of a kind for sure but for me it cant be stock , i would fall asleep driving this jalopy, think Id wanna replace the front clip with a 1950/51. ; wb: 120 in.) The price was raised to $2289. 55 commander coupe, 259 v8 3speed OD. Continue with Recommended Cookies, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette5 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III6 days$2,500Bid Now. 1949 Studebaker Commander VIN: 4375569 condition: fair cylinders: 6 cylinders delivery available drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 31146 paint color: blue size: mid-size title status: clean transmission: manual type: convertible WILL NOT REPLY TO RANDOM EMAILS.. Studebaker Commander For Sale - Carsforsale.com Im to deep into my current project or I might go after this one. This is a very nice 55 Stude with a 350 and 350 tranny and a 5 speed stick. The President Classic was continued for 19571958, though no longer carrying the "Classic" model name. 24,995 1949 Studebaker Truck pickup black manual It is powered by a completely restored 170hp Flathead Champ engine with 4-speed manual transmission. 2 door sedan. It is all original with 90 percent original paint, having only the hood repainted due to sun fading. Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Studebaker_Land_Cruiser&oldid=1131027787, Articles that may contain original research from January 2021, All articles that may contain original research, Articles needing additional references from September 2011, All articles needing additional references, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, All articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases, Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from June 2012, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 2 January 2023, at 05:26. THIS CAR IS IN EXCELLENT OVERALL CONDITION. Would I recommend my techniques to everyone? Will appreciate, very RARE. 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan. Dubbed the Economiler, it was marketed for use as a taxicab, again featuring a roomier back seat area than the regular Larks. As far as the Stude is concerned, the price seems a little ambitious especially with a title issue. engine, a 700 R4 automatic trans replaced the original 2 speed trans, power steering, manual brakes, Cold Vintage air conditioning. The only problem Studebaker had was they were so far ahead of their time few people appreciated them. So just a couple years later, Commander cars were 232 V-8. Located in Auburn, Washington, the Studebaker is listed for sale here on Craigslist. 1949 Studebaker Champion Classic Cars for Sale The bike is pretty much maintenance free ! Or subscribe without commenting. The saying goes. Coming or Going? 1949 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe + Read More Save Search Saved (0) My Favorite Listings (0) Filters Applied: Studebaker commander Filter by Make & Model (2) Make Abarth (6) AC Acura (21) Advantage (1) Aermacchi (1) Ahrens-Fox (2) Airstream (6) 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. Similar one in museum in South Bend. Over 10,000 more Land Cruisers were sold in 1950 than in 1949. 1949 Studebaker 2R5 Custom Pickup Truck VIN: R526530 Do you like old Studebaker trucks? Hi there I'm selling my 1955 Studebaker presidential Speedster Super rare rare car only 2200 made in 1955 this is a true barn find car has been sitting for a long time behind a barn car is all original matching number engine 259 cubic inc 1948 Chev Chopped Top, Hot Rod, Rat Rod 350/700R4 Impala front and rear frame, Aftermarket gauges, Completely Wired, Runs Great. Studebaker also again rolled out an extended wheelbase model of the Commander, the Land Cruiser. Super fun truck. Older 33" BFG tires. Dont give me too much credit probably would never have drawn any connection between the two brands.) Beautifully restored and presented in the period-correct shade of Tiara Gold with Arctic White fins. decorator-fabric upholsteries New body colors *289 Cu. Like my new Audi, but no electronic read, my 39 MG did have a float in the oil pan, pressing a button on the dash changed the gas gauge to an oil gauge. While it was in keeping with most other brands of the era, the large amount of chrome (demanded by the sales department) caused many people[who?] Deluxe 2 Door Sedan 1962 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette5 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III6 days$2,500Bid Now. studebaker_champion_commander_shop_manual_1947_1948_1949 In his advertisement, the owner does make some claims about the book value of this Studebaker, and those are pretty close to the mark. Classics on Autotrader is your one-stop shop for the best classic cars, muscle cars, project cars, exotics, hot rods, classic trucks, and old cars for sale. New paint in 2019. Studebaker Automatic Drive was introduced mid-year and was arguably the most advanced automatic transmission of the day. Wiring harness Brakes Paint Front and Rear Suspension Tires New Chrome Rebuilt Carb Gas Tank Steering Box show co 1957 Studebaker President Classic. Plus, our selection of 1949 Accessories, Body & Wipers parts for your Commander are some of the . Size for size, wheelbase Considered very radical for the era, it had three-point front styling, popularly known as the "bullet-nose". I recycle but realise that whatever i do as an individual is instantly negated by corporate ! NO RUST! Solid car for the year. New paint with lots of new parts on car. This rare and desirable bullet-nose Starlight coupe is the top-of-the-line Commander model. This model was built on the longer wheelbase chassis and was a better equipped and more luxurious version of the 4-door Lark and was designed to harken back to the Studebaker Land Cruiser sedans of the late Forties and early Fifties. The Commanders engin was 226cid until 1950. The rear seat, dash, and headliner all look to be quite good, but the front seat will need a new cover, and the door trims could really benefit from reupholstering. In contrast, Studebaker also built 4,742 1951 Champion Regal convertibles. Overhau, 1949 Studebaker Pickup RatRod Custom - Automatic - 500 C.I. The Best Ford Mustangs Ever Made. sensational new 1949 Studebakers! ClassicCars.com has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, successfully making the Inc. 5000 list in both 2015, Yolo. The Champion nose wont. The doors are the same from 47-52. dash dials Automatic hill holder and foam rubber seat V8, Automatic, Power Steering & Brakes. It cleaned up nicely. Rear Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder Kit Dorman - First Stop x Fits 1949-1953 2R5 (Fits: 1949 Studebaker Commander) $21.96. Its been refinished in its original color of Shenandoah Green. That being saidits still a fine example of Streamline Moderne design. If you want to get rid of the smoke put a qt. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. You have to be comfortable making the deal, or its not a good deal. Love burnouts , 2 seater topless cars I put a little heat to them, and discovered they were glued in place by solid blocks of wax build up. The car could easily be driven as it is, but a repaint in that original Plaza Grey would have the car looking 100%. of Lucas engine oil stabilizer in the engine on the next oil change. 1955 Studebaker Commander in Christiansburg, VA This Studebaker was garage kept all its life. When the current owner purchased the car, it had been sitting since 1979. Manage Settings The more that I look at the car, the more I have to wonder just how amazing it must have been to travel in the back seat. For what its worth, Hagerty suggests a value of around $40K for a good condition car. The President Classic used the longer 120.5" wheelbase of the Hawks, and like the 19471950 Land Cruisers used the additional length to create a roomier rear passenger area. 2 REAR 13/16" (Fits: Studebaker Commander) $18.99. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Straight car. Stock body, except wheels. The first Commander, in 1927, was a continuation of the mid-range Special Six, with a 226cuin (3.7L) engine. Zoom Classic Cars proudly presents this 1960 Studebaker Hawk. The Champion and Commander are the same from the firewall back except trim. And there's even an adjustable air ride suspensio 1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk, 93,000 miles, handsome White and Yellow two-tone paint, nice Gray, Black and White interior, 289 cu in 210 HP V8 with 4 barrel carb, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, dual exhaust, radio delete, dual s One of just 4,356 Golden Hawks produced in 1957, featuring the powerful 289 cubic-inch V8 topped with a McCullough supercharger. HeckId even sample Exners handiwork from the back half to residential use. Legendary designer Virgil Exner turned his pen to designing the Starlight, and its design seems to have attracted as many detractors as admirers. No more standing 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. Truck looks runs and stops a Rare- 1948 Studebaker Champion- Runs great, Florida Car. [1]:p259, In Australia, a crew of three drivers led by Norman "Wizard" Smith tackled overland records using a Commander roadster. Modern radio/CD. The asking price is $7,500 and youll have to come to Deerfield, New Hampshire for the pick-up. The car was later modified to 1954-model specifications, and was occasionally driven around South Bend by engineers. We have been working on such a project for the last few y, 1949 STUDEBAKER PICKUP AWDALL BODY WORK DONE, NO RUST AND PAINTED IN CORVETTE SILVER.BODY RETRO FITTED ONTO AN AWD OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA CHASSIS.POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, POWER WINDOWS.4.3L V. After reading all the comments, maybe this car hasnt rolled the speedometer as I thought it probably had. steering Panoramic vision Seats centered between The Vehicle was restored by a body shop in OK that repainted the car gold metallic over its original faded beige-colored exterior. Being somewhat geared to manufacturing and mechanical practices, I question why this is such a general observance. 1949 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe Adam Clarke While there are some cars from automotive history which would tend to make rear seat passengers feel claustrophobic due to little or no visibility from the rear seats, the Starlight is not a car that could have that sort of criticism leveled against it. V8, 4sp, 8 lug wheels. This would have been around the year 1949 when new cars were impossible to buy. Even though the car was equipped with the 232 cu. On the Champion, a gold S replaced the 8. As the story goes, the sellers parents bought this drop-top second-hand sometime after 1949 and kept it running until 1964. It is all original with 90 percent original paint, having only the hood repainted due to sun fading. Matching 1937 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup 270 HEMI,& 6PACK, Work of Art. I am the second owner (1977). Represented to us as 44,527 actual miles with actual odometer reading on the title as proof. The interior is in generally useable condition, but it would be nice to return it to its former glory. Save Search. 3 speed manual trans w/ overdrive Finished in Mohawk green over a straight body. The front styling stayed virtually the same, with a minor redesign of the three points. When the cover was removed, it looked like one was still there ! No front seat, or lo. Just saw your comment. Commander Land Cruiser (6 cyl., 226.2 cu.in., 100 h.p. The doors are the same from 47-52. Dropped Top: 1949 Studebaker Champion Convertible - Barn Finds Classifieds for 1949 to 1962 Studebaker Vehicles. Top-trimmed Studebakers from 19551958 went by the Studebaker President name (revived from the prewar President models). Studebaker distinctions for '49. Restored rebuilt engine 3,900 miles new interior. The problem was, it flexed too much. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Dropped Top: 1949 Studebaker Champion Convertible. Not many left. The tranmision is intact. Really nice car. The body is perceived to be straight and has never required any bodywork (at least until now), but the black paint, white convertible top. Im not familiar with these cars but this one has nice body lines. Immediately following World War II, Studebaker dropped its President models, and the Commander again was elevated in the lineup. 1949 Studebaker Commander. 1949 Studebaker Commander. One more here for the bullet nose this one lacks. In October 1928, three Commander sixes lined up at the Atlantic City Speedway to challenge the 15,000mi (24,000km) speed record (64.25mph (103.40km/h)) held by the much higher-priced Auburn straight-eight Speedster. Someone buy this car, return it to glory, and show it off. It has a 307 V8 chevy 4bbl carb and a 200 R4 automatic with switched over drive from a Gran 1966 Studebaker Cruiser 61900 mi. 1958 Studebaker Silver Hawk This has 76,000 miles, automatic. No convertible was offered in 1953. This can probably be attributed to the introduction of the lively new Studebaker V8 engine that year. Last of these cars made last 2 months of production. A new Very relaxing and Ive got a cargo trailer to attach for grocery runs when gas gets too much to justify driving my truck (Im dreading that day but fear its looming on the horizon).

Conan O'brien Carpinteria House, What Can I Say Instead Of Just Checking In, Lake Hartwell Water Depth Map, Firefly Emoji Apple, Articles OTHER